SV: [ai-geostats] RE: kriging without a nugget

  • Törneman Niklas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2006
      Thanks for the informative answers. This is really a great forum!!

       I feel that I am bit further down the road to understanding the issue. I will consult the textbooks and return with some follow up questions.

      One issue is (I think) that it is quite difficult to obtain information as to whether these all purpose software packages does the filtering or not when I choose a kriging without a nugget. I guess the best way of obtaining this information is to perform a cross validation. If its not perfect, then the software uses filtering (is this correct?).

      Another question that comes to mind is the effect of removing the nugget on interpolated points that do not coincide with the measured point. Can someone comment on this? Maybe I am just a bit lazy and should read the the textbooks instead. However, I fell that it is easier to dive in to the litterature after having had some directions from the experts.

      cheers

      Niklas