RE: [ai-geostats] interpolation of time series

  • Jorge Carvalho
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006

      Hi, Andrea,

      Why don’t you consider using bandlimited interpolation instead?

      If you are interested, I can send you some references on that topic.

      Regards,

      Jorge Carvalho

      Jorge M. C. M. Carvalho

      Mining Department
      Faculty of Engineering - University of
      Porto - FEUP

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
        Andrea

        In time series analysis, people are more or less work with either
        covariance function or correlation function which are measure of
        similarity while in geostatistics, people are working with variogram
        function which is measure of variability. You could model your variable
        in 1-D using variogram function and you would get the same results
        compared to using either covariance function or correlation function.

        Thanks
        Abedini