[ai-geostats] interpolation of time series

  • Andrea Aimi
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hi,
      I´m looking to interpolate time series of temperature, with spline or co-kriging. I found many literature about these two geostatistical methods, but very few about how to use them in interpolation of time series (or about some "trick" to solve the problem in other way). Can you tell me if there is some papers, books or other about it?

      Sincerely

      Andrea
    • Jorge Carvalho
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006

        Hi, Andrea,

        Why don’t you consider using bandlimited interpolation instead?

        If you are interested, I can send you some references on that topic.

        Regards,

        Jorge Carvalho

        Jorge M. C. M. Carvalho

        Mining Department
        Faculty of Engineering - University of
        Porto - FEUP

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
          Andrea

          In time series analysis, people are more or less work with either
          covariance function or correlation function which are measure of
          similarity while in geostatistics, people are working with variogram
          function which is measure of variability. You could model your variable
          in 1-D using variogram function and you would get the same results
          compared to using either covariance function or correlation function.

          Thanks
          Abedini