[ai-geostats] Quick question about S-GeMS SGS simulation

  • Collier, Perry (TS)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      Quick question about S-GeMS SGS simulation:

      I had a go at producing an SGS simulation in S-GeMS, but the result was
      Gaussian (ie: not back transformed as GSLIB SGSIM.exe does) - can anyone
      advise how to back-transform the simulation in S-GeMS? What about tail
      extrapolation - how does S-GeMS handle that - there's no place in the
      user interface to put in any parameters as per GSLIB. I'm light years
      away from being an expert in this stuff, so it's likely I've missed
      something obvious...

      Cheers

      Perry Collier
      Senior Geologist
      Rio Tinto Technical Services
      Phone: +61 7 3327 7676
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hi Perry,

        I am assuming you are using the latest version of S-GeMS.
        In the sgsim function, there is an "histogram" tab where
        you can specify the target histogram you want to reproduce
        (like in Gslib the normal score transform and back-transform
        will be performed automatically inside the program, and you
        can choose among power, exponential and hyperbolic models
        for the lower and upper tail extrapolation).

        http://mail.yahoo.com