RE: [ai-geostats] Re: Software for Automatic Semivariogram Estimation

  • Luke Spadavecchia
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      for S or R users, GeoR is worth a look for auto-fitting procedures. This
      R package allows fitting of variograms (with the option of trend
      removal) via least squares (equal weights, n_pairs weights, or 'Cressie'
      weights), or computationally using maximum liklihood or REML. If you go
      for the latter you can produce profile liklihood plots for parameters
      etc. The package also will do most of the conventional flavors of
      kriging, but the main focus of the package is model based geostatistics,
      and is well demonstrated in:

      DIGGLE, P.J., RIBEIRO Jr, P.J. & CHRISTENSEN, O.F. (2003) An
      introduction to model based geostatistics. /In/ Möller, J. (ed) *Spatial
      statistics and computational methods*. Lecture notes in statistics, vol.
      173, p. 43-86, Springer.

      The package website is here:

      http://www.est.ufpr.br/geoR/

      and it can also be obtained from here:

      http://cran.r-project.org/

      Hope that helps

      Luke
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
        Thanks Behrang, I see you are using Cressie weights.
        Isobel
        http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

        Behrang Kushavand <Kushavand@...> wrote:
        Dear Prof. Clark
        Here is the paper:
        Formula (4) is the weight factor.
        King regards.
        Behrang.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
          It would be very nice if there would be a tutorial on
          how to use the variogram modeler.

          machnife

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
            Hi,

            They are currently writing a book that would be similar to Gslib user manual
            but tailored to S-GeMS features. In the meantime, you can find some
            help in the user manual available at
            http://sgems.sourceforge.net/doc/sgems_manual.pdf

            http://mail.yahoo.com