RE: [ai-geostats] Re: Software for Automatic Semivariogram Estimation

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi Susan,

      I would recommend the Stanford Geostatistical Modeling Software (S-GeMS)
      that is public domain and that I use in all my short courses (some of your
      colleagues have actually be trained by me). The software can be downloaded from
      http://pangea.stanford.edu/~nremy/GEMS/

      Cheers,

      Pierre

      Pierre Goovaerts
      Chief Scientist at BioMedware
      516 North State Street
      Ann Arbor, MI 48104
      Voice: (734) 913-1098 (ext. 8)
      Fax: (734) 913-2201
      http://home.comcast.net/~goovaerts/

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
        Message
        Sorry.. I was meaning GeMS, not GMES.

        Gregoire

        Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

        European Commission (EC)
        Joint Research Centre (JRC)
        WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org

        "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi all,

          for S or R users, GeoR is worth a look for auto-fitting procedures. This
          R package allows fitting of variograms (with the option of trend
          removal) via least squares (equal weights, n_pairs weights, or 'Cressie'
          weights), or computationally using maximum liklihood or REML. If you go
          for the latter you can produce profile liklihood plots for parameters
          etc. The package also will do most of the conventional flavors of
          kriging, but the main focus of the package is model based geostatistics,
          and is well demonstrated in:

          DIGGLE, P.J., RIBEIRO Jr, P.J. & CHRISTENSEN, O.F. (2003) An
          introduction to model based geostatistics. /In/ Möller, J. (ed) *Spatial
          statistics and computational methods*. Lecture notes in statistics, vol.
          173, p. 43-86, Springer.

          The package website is here:

          http://www.est.ufpr.br/geoR/

          and it can also be obtained from here:

          http://cran.r-project.org/

          Hope that helps

          Luke
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
            Thanks Behrang, I see you are using Cressie weights.
            Isobel
            http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

            Behrang Kushavand <Kushavand@...> wrote:
            Dear Prof. Clark
            Here is the paper:
            Formula (4) is the weight factor.
            King regards.
            Behrang.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
              It would be very nice if there would be a tutorial on
              how to use the variogram modeler.

              machnife

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
                Hi,

                They are currently writing a book that would be similar to Gslib user manual
                but tailored to S-GeMS features. In the meantime, you can find some
                help in the user manual available at
                http://sgems.sourceforge.net/doc/sgems_manual.pdf

                http://mail.yahoo.com