[ai-geostats] (kein Betreff)

  • Björn Koop
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2006
      Dear list,
      I´m new here and I hope my question is not too silly….
      I want to create a variogram for my catena-data (1000m catena along a
      valley with an “U” shape). For the silt content there is an expected
      strong dependence with the reliefposition along the catena, which could
      be described with a polynomal function and which I used for detrending.
      So i used the residuals to calculate a directional variogram (direction
      along the catena) with VARIOWIN for the silt content. The result:
      besides the first lag, the semivariance is nearly constant after the
      second lag and therewith the fitted variogram shows a very short range
      and can be characterized by the following: Gamma(h): 2.64 + 8.098933
      Sph.80.18067 (h), IGF: 1.6115e-02.
      I also used VARIOWIN to create a variogram (same direction like before)
      with the “raw” data without the detrending. And the result was - at
      least for me – astonishing: there was a superb fitted variogram
      Gamma(h): 0.3924 + 34.47 Sph.247.23 (h), IGF: 3.7351e-03 and no
      indicator like a parabolic curve or anything that this variogram should
      have a trend. Also astonishing for me: the range of 247,2 m was four
      times longer than the 80,2 m of the first variogram!
      Now I don´t know which variogram i should use.

      Thank you in advance for answering,
      Björn Koop

      --
      Dipl.-Ing. Landeskultur und Umweltschutz Björn Koop