[ai-geostats] dssim-HR

  • samuel verstraete
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
      Dear list,

      As the results of sequentional gaussian simulation don't really satisfy
      me i would have liked to try dssim. Now as there is whatsoever no
      documentation on the standard dssim in GSLIB i was looking on the inet
      for an alternative. Which i found in dssim_HR (seems like HR stands for
      histogram reproduction)
      There was a publication of that routine in Computer & Geosciences (year
      2003, issue 29) by Oz et al.
      While i was trying to compile this routine with the standard gnu
      compiler it spits out a large number of errors and just fails
      compiling...
      source : ftp://ftp.iamg.org/VOL29/v29-01-04.zip

      Any of you managed to compile this routine and is willing to provide me
      with instructions?
      Or any of you have found documentation on the standard dssim module in
      GSLIB?

      gr,
      S.

      --
      Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
      Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care

      Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
      Coupure Links 653 - Block B
      9000 Ghent - Belgium

      Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
      Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47
      E-mail samuel.verstraete@...
    • samuel verstraete
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
        I have tried this intel compiler but i didn't have the same luck as
        you, would you mind sharing the command you used to compile the module?

        i used:

        $ ifort dssim-hr.for

        which just results in this error list... which is shorter than the gnu
        f77 compiler error... but still wrong :

        fortcom: Error: Illegal character in statement label field [M]
        fortcom: Error: Illegal character in statement label field [O]
        fortcom: Error: Illegal character in statement label field [D]
        fortcom: Error: Illegal character in statement label field [U]
        fortcom: Error: Illegal character in statement label field [L]
        fortcom: Error: First statement in file must not be continued
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Illegal character in statement
        label field [I] IMPLICIT NONE
        ^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Illegal character in statement
        label field [M] IMPLICIT NONE
        -^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Illegal character in statement
        label field [P] IMPLICIT NONE
        --^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Illegal character in statement
        label field [L] IMPLICIT NONE
        ---^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Illegal character in statement
        label field [I] IMPLICIT NONE
        ----^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 9: Syntax error, found
        END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: => = . ( : % IMPLICIT NONE
        -------------^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 31: Syntax error, found
        END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: , ) parameter
        (MAXNST=4,MAXROT=MAXNST+1,UNEST=-99.0,EPSLON=1.0e-20,VERSION=3.01)
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 60: Illegal character in statement
        label field [E] END MODULE DSSmodule ^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 60: Illegal character in statement
        label field [N] END MODULE DSSmodule
        -^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 60: Illegal character in statement
        label field [D] END MODULE DSSmodule
        --^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 60: Illegal character in statement
        label field [M] END MODULE DSSmodule
        ----^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 63: Illegal character in statement
        label field [p] program dssim
        ^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 63: Illegal character in statement
        label field [r] program dssim
        -^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 63: Illegal character in statement
        label field [o] program dssim
        --^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 63: Illegal character in statement
        label field [g] program dssim
        ---^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 63: Illegal character in statement
        label field [r] program dssim
        ----^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 60: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER
        'DULEDSSMODULEMDSSIM' when expecting one of: => = / * ,
        <END-OF-STATEMENT> ; [ END MODULE DSSmodule ------^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 80: Illegal character in statement
        label field [e] end program dssim
        ^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 80: Illegal character in statement
        label field [n] end program dssim
        -^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 80: Illegal character in statement
        label field [d] end program dssim
        --^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 80: Illegal character in statement
        label field [p] end program dssim
        ----^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 84: Illegal character in statement
        label field [s] subroutine readparm()
        --^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 84: Illegal character in statement
        label field [u] subroutine readparm()
        ---^
        fortcom: Error: dssim-hr.for, line 84: Illegal character in statement
        label field [b] subroutine readparm()
        ----^
        fortcom: Severe: Too many errors, exiting
        compilation aborted for dssim-hr.for (code 1)

        --
        Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
        Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
        Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
        Ghent University

        Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
        Coupure Links 653 - Block B
        9000 Ghent - Belgium

        Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
        Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47
        E-mail samuel.verstraete@...
      • Thomas Mejer Hansen
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
          On fre, 2006-02-17 at 15:51 +0100, samuel verstraete wrote:
          > I have tried this intel compiler but i didn't have the same luck as
          > you, would you mind sharing the command you used to compile the module?
          >
          > i used:
          >
          > $ ifort dssim-hr.for
          >
          > which just results in this error list... which is shorter than the gnu
          > f77 compiler error... but still wrong :

          Did you download from
          ftp://ftp.iamg.org/VOL29/v29-01-04.zip ?

          In that ZIP file you will find the source code in the file DSSIM-HR.f90
          (not dssim-hr.for as you list). This one compiles cleanly for me using
          'ifort DSSIM-HR.f90'.
          There is also an .exe file in that zip file.

          I hope this helps
          - Thomas

          --
          Inverse Modeling and Geophysics Project | http://imgp.gfy.ku.dk/
          office : +45 35320509
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
            Hello,

            I used Compaq Visual Fortran and didn't have any problem compiling the program.

            Pierre

            Pierre Goovaerts
            Chief Scientist at BioMedware
            516 North State Street
            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
            Voice: (734) 913-1098 (ext. 8)
            Fax: (734) 913-2201
            http://home.comcast.net/~goovaerts/

            ________________________________

            --
            Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
            Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
            Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
            Ghent University

            Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
            Coupure Links 653 - Block B
            9000 Ghent - Belgium

            Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
            Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47
            E-mail samuel.verstraete@...
          • Andreas Dominik Cullmann
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 21, 2006
              > Any of you managed to compile this routine and is willing to provide me
              > with instructions?
              I succeeded using ifort, too. And I adjusted the code to provide a
              default parameter file for dssim-hr instead of one for sgsim. I'll
              attach it.

              > Or any of you have found documentation on the standard dssim module in
              > GSLIB?
              As far as I know there is no standard dssim module in GSLIB so there
              doesn't exists any documentation. The only documentation on dssim-hr
              known to me is the article you mentioned. Do you have any specific
              questions?
              - Dominik