[ai-geostats] Plant science: spatial autocorrelation

  • wong chew
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2006
      Hi! Everyone,

      I am employing spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I and Geary's C) in point pattern spatial analysis in plant pathology. But I need more references for interpretation in plant disease about Moran's I and Geary's C. Where can I find these references?
      Thank you!

      Wong Wan Chew

    • Dan Bebber
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2006
        Moran's I and Geary's C are not for point pattern analysis. For this you need methods such as Ripley's K function. Have a look at Spatial Statistics (2nd Edition) by Brian Ripley.
        For an application of spatial analysis in plant pathology, have a look at European Journal of Plant Pathology 104 (7), pp. 713-723

        Dan Bebber

        Department of Plant Sciences
        University of Oxford
        I am employing spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I and Geary's C) in point pattern spatial analysis in plant pathology. But I need more references for interpretation in plant disease about Moran's I and Geary's C. Where can I find these references?
        Thank you!

        Wong Wan Chew

        Signoff ai-geostats