[ai-geostats] geostatistics and geology

  • M. Nur Heriawan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      Dear list,

      I just want to know if anybody could hint me with some
      references or books regarding the relationship between
      geostatistics and geology (of ore deposit).

      Furthermore, I want to know explicitly how
      geostatistics can explain the geology of ore deposit,
      for example about: coal depositional, sedimentation
      process in sedimentary deposit, geologic model of
      hydrothermal deposit, and so on. At this moment I am
      dealing with the geometrical and quality data of coal
      deposit, but I have difficulty to connect the
      geostatistics to the coal depositional process.

      I appreciate very much your helps and suggestions.

      Regards,

      M. Nur Heriawan
      Graduate School of Science and Technology
      Kumamoto University
      Kurokami 2-39-1, Kumamoto 860-8555, JAPAN

      http://mail.yahoo.com