[ai-geostats] 060104 Dealing with grade cutoffs above the average grade of the sample grade distribution.

  • Mark Sweeney
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hello subscribers

      I am interested in some of the issues in dealing with using  a cutoff grade on a conventionally kriged block model which is significantly above the mean grade of the underlying sample distribution and also the smoothed kriged block grade distribution.

      I would appreciate any theoretical comments or practical information based on experience with using cutoff grades which are above the average grade of the grade distribution.

      Issues such as incorrect domaining, implications on mining selectivity spring to mind, however I am unsure as to the full ramifications.

      Best regards

      Mark Sweeney