[ai-geostats] Variogram

  • Rajni Gaur
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2005
      Dear List members,
      I have a querry for the variogram calculations and modelling.
      Generally for the hydrological data sets specially hydraulic head,
      transmissivity, etc we fit a spherical model. Why, we prefer spherical
      model and not other models?
      Thanks in advance to all of you
      Regards
      Rajni
    • Rajni Gaur
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2005
        Thank you for your reply. It is ok that spherical is very frequent.
        but is there any theoretical reason for that, or simply by seing the
        calculated variograms, we try to fit the trend with a spherical model?
        I thank you in advance for my next querry.
        regards
        Rajni