[ai-geostats] Excel templates and Adobe files

  • JW
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2005
      Hello List,

      I am grateful to the Webmaster of ai-geostats.org for posting Readme.pdf under Documents/JW_Merks because it describes the objectives of Excel templates and Adobe files. Most deal with mundane matters such as counting degrees of freedom, computing variances of sets of measured values with variable weights, verifying spatial dependence by applying analysis of variance, watching distance-weighted averages converge on the arithmetic mean and their variances on the Central Limit Theorem whenever coordinates stray beyond the sample space. A few deal with marginally more complex topics such as computing density- and length-weighted averages and 95% confidence limits for test results determined in core samples of a single borehole, and in core samples of fifty boreholes.

      I know that the variance of the distance-weighted average vanished on Krige's watch, that Matheron failed to notice that Krige's distance-weighted averages lacked variances, and that Matheron himself conferred on Krige the first krige-inspired eponyms. What I would like to know is who derived the kriging variance of a SET of kriged estimates. Does any subscriber to ai-geostats remember who derived the kriging variance, and where its derivation is documented in geostats literature?

      Thanks and regards,
      Jan W Merks