RE: [ai-geostats] Transformation of zero values for kriging

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hi Christian,

      It looks like your data are rates and consist of a numerator and denominator. In this case, you cannot apply common geostatistical tools since the reliability of your observations will vary depending on the number of eggs you have sampled for each plant.
      I am facing similar problems with cancer rates and have been using both Poisson kriging and binomial cokriging. A few papers are available on my webpage and I just submitted another paper that describes Poisson kriging in more details and provides the code to do the analysis. I would gladly share it with you once it is accepted, which should be very soon.

      Regards,

      Pierre

      Pierre Goovaerts
      Chief Scientist at Biomedware