Re: [ai-geostats] back transformation

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2005
      What back-transform would you use for (1)? I use Sichel's theory, which produces prediction intervals for the lognormal back transform. Download any one of my lognormal kriging papers from http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume (late 1990s, various audiences).

      Isobel

      Recep kantarci <recep_kantarci_1978@...> wrote:
      Dear list members

      When studied on a log-transformed variable and intended to construct prediction intervals, which option should be followed? Why?

      1) construct prediction interval first, back-transform later.

      OR

      2) back-transform first, construct prediction interval later.

      Thanks in advance
      Recep

      Yahoo! kullaniyor musunuz?
      Simdi, 1GB e-posta saklama alani sunuyor
      http://tr.mail.yahoo.com

      Signoff ai-geostats