[ai-geostats] Correlated Gaussian Random field

  • Petrovska, Iryna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 5:11 AM
      Correlated Gaussian Random field

      Hi!
      I need to generate a number of correlated gaussian random fields to be able to gradually deform them later.
      I can do this through the RandomField package in R-software, by specifying my correlation length and sill (no nugget effect),using for example, a spherical variogram model.But does anyone know what is behind the RandomField package or how to introduce a certain theoretical variogram onto the Gaussian White noise field to make it correlated.

      Thank you! :)

      Iryna Petrovska,
      PhD student
      Earth Science and Engineering Department,
      Imperial College London