RE: [ai-geostats] Sum of predicted values

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi Pete,

      This is a classical example where stochastic simulation would allow an easy quantification
      of the uncertainty attached to the aggregated value. Just generate a series of realizations
      of your process over these 1700 points, sum each set of simulated values, and
      use the empirical distribution of simulated block values as a model of uncertainty.
      You can find an example in Goovaerts, P. 2001. Geostatistical modelling of uncertainty in soil science. Geoderma, 103: 3-26. <http://www.terraseer.com/training/geostats/geoder01.pdf> that you can download from my webpage.

      Cheers,

      Pierre