[ai-geostats] Need Your Advises on Books

  • Reza Nazarian
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
      Dear Experts
      I am going to order some Geostatistical Books. I need them for self
      training and need to contain numerical examples and practices. I have
      already ordered Practical Geostatistics written by Isobel Clark. It would
      be highly appreciated.
      if you could please advise me more specially on books with trend in Oil
      Reservoir.
      Waiting for your suggestions.
      Very Best Regards
      Reza Nazarian
      Geophysicist
    • dee
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
        there is also "Geostatistics for environmental scientists" by Richard Webster and Margaret A. Oliver you might find interesting
        it doesn't have excercises like Isobel Clark's book
        but is well explained :)
        good luck
        Diane

        On 8/5/05, Reza Nazarian <rnazarian@...> wrote:

        Dear Experts
        I am going to order some Geostatistical Books. I need them for self
        training and need to contain numerical examples and practices. I have
        already ordered Practical Geostatistics written by Isobel Clark. It would
        be highly appreciated.
        if you could please advise me more specially on books with trend in Oil
        Reservoir.
        Waiting for your suggestions.
        Very Best Regards
        Reza Nazarian
        Geophysicist

        Signoff ai-geostats

        --
        The period of greatest gain in knowledge and experience, is the most difficult period in one's life.
      • Malvić Tomislav
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2005
          Dear Reza:

          I can recommend:
          Jensen, J.L., Lake, L.W., Corbett, P.W.M. & Goggin, D.J.: "Statistics for Petroleum Engineers and Geoscientists", Elsevier

          Good engineering view on (geo)statistics.

          Regards,
          Tomislav

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24, 2005
            Well, there is also a good book of Deutsch: "Geostatistical Reservoir
            Modeling" (Oxford University press). Itcould be useful to pick
            up Isaaks and Srivastava' book.

            Bye
            S. Trevisani