[ai-geostats] lognormal covariogram function

  • Andreas Dominik Cullmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      Dear all,
      it's known how to derive the covariance values cov(h)
      of a lognormal process Z(s) from those of its
      corresponding gaussian process Y(s).
      Is it possible to derive the covariance function
      (i.e. form and parameters) of Z(s) from the one
      of Y(s)?

      If I calculate covariance values for many distances
      from a given covariance function and transform these
      values to lognormal ones, I don't even seem to be able
      to find a covariance function which goes right through
      all of them... [I'm completely lost here.]

      Thanks and regards,
      Dominik