[ai-geostats] autofitting variogram

  • samuel verstraete
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2005
      Hello dear list,

      Is there anybody aware of software that can autofit a variogram to
      gslib output (gamv)

      gr,

      Samuel
    • M. Nur Heriawan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2005
        Hello,

        The GSLIB itself gives the routine to draw a variogram
        model (vmodel), but unfortunately not by autofit.
        First, you have to define the fitting model, then set
        it into the parameter file in vmodel.

        Good luck....

        Cheers,

        Nur Heriawan
        http://www.mining.itb.ac.id/heriawan

        --- samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello dear list,
        >
        > Is there anybody aware of software that can autofit
        > a variogram to
        > gslib output (gamv)
        >
        > gr,
        >
        > Samuel
        >
        > > * By using the ai-geostats mailing list you agree
        > follow its rules
        > ( see
        > http://www.ai-geostats.org/help_ai-geostats.htm )
        >
        > * To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following
        > in the subject or in the body (plain text format) of
        > an email message to sympa@...
        >
        > Signoff ai-geostats

        Yahoo! Sports
        http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
      • Pete Gething
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2005
          Hi Samuel,

          You could use the software accompanying the following article:
          Pardo-Igúzquiza,E., 1999: VARFIT: a fortran-77 program for fitting variogram models by weighted least squares. Computers & Geosciences, 25, pp 251-261.

          Best wishes,

          Pete

          > * To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the
          following in the subject or in the body (plain text format) of an email message to
          sympa@...

          > Signoff
          ai-geostats
        • Behrang Kushavand
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2005
            Dear Samuel

            I developed WinVAM (Variogram Auto Modeling) for GSlib and WinGSlib and it
            is is located at Wingslib yahoo groups:

            But to get this file you need a yahoo mail and register to Wingslib yahoo
            groups.

            Best regards.

            Behrang

            > Is there anybody aware of software that can autofit a variogram to
            > gslib output (gamv)
            >
            > gr,
            >
            > Samuel

            > Signoff ai-geostats
          • samuel verstraete
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2005
              Hello,

              I've tried this varfit thing... but i can hardly say that i get good
              results... Any other suggestions ?

              sincerely,

              Samuel

              On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:43:38 +0100
              "Pete Gething" <P.W.GETHING@...> wrote:

              > Hi Samuel,
              >
              > You could use the software accompanying the following article:
              >
              > Pardo-Igúzquiza,E., 1999: VARFIT: a fortran-77 program for fitting
              > variogram models by weighted least squares. Computers & Geosciences,
              > 25, pp 251-261.
              >
              > Best wishes,
              >
              > Pete

            • Edward Isaaks