[ai-geostats] Joint of two layer.

  • Tayfun Yusuf Yunsel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2005
      Dear list members,

      I am studying on a coal reserve calculation using OK procedure. I applied a 3D grid design to the composited data. So I have a horizontal and vertical variogram (two range). The grid size in the vertical direction is 4m and vertical variogram range is 16m. There are intercalations whose thickness varies between 0.50-6m in the coal layer. In the estimation process (OK), the clay layers (intercalations) were calculated as coal (due to clay thickness < vertical variogram range).

      My question is that How can I seperate a thin intercalation layer (according to the coal layer (30-60m)) from the coal layer?

      Currently I am using the Isatis software.

      Thank you very much for your attention and time.

      Res. Assist. Tayfun Yusuf Y√úNSEL

      Mining Engineering Department
      Engineering Faculty
      Cukurova University