Re: AI-GEOSTATS: working with different data spatial resolution
- On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Berterretche, Mercedes wrote:
> I'm working with field data (plots of 25 x 25 m) and satellite imagesHi Mercedes,
> (Landsat 25 x 25 m and Ikonos 4 x 4 m). I've been using some geostatistical
> procedures as cokriging and kriging with an external drift, always using the
> data at the field spatial resolution (25 x 25 m). For example, I resampled
> the Ikonos 4 x 4 to 25 by 25, but doing so I'm loosing information. Is
> there a way by which I can use the Ikonos data at its original resolution?
> Thank you in advance,
> Mercedes Berterretche
Knowing a little about these data, I know your variable of interest is
measured in the field. It is therefore defined on the 25 x 25m support.
The satellite image data are, at best, *related* to the variable of
interest but represent a different variable. I'm not sure you can use the
Ikonos data unless you have some independent information about the
relationship between the variable of interest *measured* on a 4x4m support
and Ikonos response. Otherwise, you are probably taking the best choice
by aggregating the Ikonos data.
Jennifer Dungan, Ph.D. | MS 242-4
Tel: 650-604-3618 FAX: 650-604-4680 | NASA Ames Research Center
email: jdungan@... | Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
URL: http://geo.arc.nasa.gov | USA
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org