[ai-geostats] Second-Phase Sampling Terminology

  • Eric Delmelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
      Dear list
      I have a question regarding sampling terminology, and especially
      second-phase sampling.
      Second-phase sampling occurs when there is a need/desire to augment an
      initial set of measurements to improve results/gain confidence. We denote
      the initial sampling set M, and the second-phase sampling set N.
      The set M has m elements, the set N has n elements. Those n new samples can
      be added two ways:
      (1) One-by-one, n-times and this is referred to as SEQUENTIAL ADDITION
      (2) All in once.
      My question is whether there is a correct terminology for the second case.
      Thank you much.
      Best, Eric Delmelle