RE: [ai-geostats] Treatment of gold outliers from belt samples

  • Reid, David W
    Message 1 of 14 , May 16, 2005
      Hello Digby,

      By sampling problem, I meant aspects of the collection + preparation of the eight samples from the one ton sample. From Kevin's description this all occurs at the laboratory. Thank you Isobel for your clear breakdown of the issues. The geologist in me was trying to draw attention to consideration of the sampling issues as well as the statistical.

      Sorry to worry you with my statement, Isobel. I was thinking that this would be the case if the bulk sample was truly homoginised. But as you rightly point out it is unlikey to be so in most crushed gold deposit samples.

      David Reid