[ai-geostats] validation with gslib

  • samuel verstraete
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2005
      Hi,

      Working with GSlib i wondered if anybody ever adjusted the simulation
      procedures (sgsim, iksim, dtsim...) so you can actually perform an
      independent validation? So not crossvalidation off course, but in my
      opinion a jackkniving should be possible.

      If you could first simulate the complete grid and afterwards simulate
      the external points it seems to me like a perfect valid jackkniving
      procedure? Suggestions or remarks? Anyone actually adjusted the source
      code to perform such a validation?

      gr,

      Sam
    • Eric Delmelle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
        Dear list
        I have a question regarding sampling terminology, and especially
        second-phase sampling.
        Second-phase sampling occurs when there is a need/desire to augment an
        initial set of measurements to improve results/gain confidence. We denote
        the initial sampling set M, and the second-phase sampling set N.
        The set M has m elements, the set N has n elements. Those n new samples can
        be added two ways:
        (1) One-by-one, n-times and this is referred to as SEQUENTIAL ADDITION
        (2) All in once.
        My question is whether there is a correct terminology for the second case.
        Thank you much.
        Best, Eric Delmelle