[ai-geostats] ArcGIS Geostatistics question

  • David Finlayson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2005
      In ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, what is the difference between selecting
      Ordinary Kriging with trend removal versus Universal Kriging (possibly
      with Trend Removal)?

      Our data is a diffusion surface with a source region diffusing outward to
      the margins of our area of interest. We are using Kriging (in ArcGIS) to
      model the surface concentrations between measurements and the Kriging
      prediction error.

      Thanks,

      David

      --
      David Finlayson
      Marine Geology & Geophysics

      Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
      Phone: (206) 616-9407
      Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays/