[ai-geostats] A new trick...

  • Simone Sammartino
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      Dear All
      considering the relation
      (1) Gamma(h)=C(0)-C(h)
      and assuming the Schwartz inequality (2) |C(h)|<=C(0)
      variogram is said to be limited to twice the a priori variance
      In fact if we substitute (1) in (2)
      -C(0)+Gamma(h)<=C(0) becomes Gamma(h)<=2C(0)
      If Gamma is already half the variance, why it is limited to twice the a priori variance?....
      Graphically it tends asimptotically just to the a priori variance and not twice this value!...
      Maybe twice this value is the maximum limit of the possible oscillation around the a priori variance?
      And...why most of books say "...factor '1/2' is a mathematical convention so that variogram tends to variance and not twice this value?....if factor '1/2' is ignored variogram tends to 4 times the a priori variance value!!!...
      Someone helping me with such new trick?
      Thanks
      Simone

      -----------------------------
      Dr. Simone Sammartino
      PhD student
      - Geostatistical analyst
      - G.I.S. mapping
      I.A.M.C. - C.N.R.
      Geomare-Sud section
      Port of Naples - Naples
      marenostrum@...

      6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
      Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it