AI-GEOSTATS: sofware and teaching

  • Francisco Jesús Moral García
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      Hi list,

      I would like to know which is the best software to make an complete geostatistical study. Until now, I have been using Variowin, to get the variogram, and later, I used Surfer to interpolate using kriging. Somebody told me that GSLIB is a good group of tools to work, but until now, I have not worked with that.

      I am interested in knowing the best and more standard sotfware that people usually use, to apply in an pedagogic or in a professional way and, if possible, I would like to get examples (or papers) about using ordinary (puntual and block) kriging, cokriging and other types of kriging.

      Maybe, my questions are "very ambitious" but it could be an enormous help for me. Any suggestions about the teaching of geostatistics would be very appreciated too. I am trying to develop an subject with that interesting topic in my University.

      Thank you in advance

      Francisco J. Moral García
      Escuela de Ingenierías Industriales
      Univesidad de Extremadura