[ai-geostats] Turning Bands for non-mathematicians

  • PCollier@xstrata.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      Hi there

      Another question from the "for non-mathematicians" series...

      Can anyone explain how the Turning Bands algorithm works. I know there are
      a few references out there dealing with it (eg: Chiles and Delfiner), but if
      someone can draw me a picture (kindergarten style) that would be
      fantastic...I have been the target of several verbal attempts to explain it
      and have gained a bit of understanding, but the picture still looks like a
      Picasso...

      Cheers
      Perry

      ps: I am also on the brink of fully understanding the process for
      conditioning non-conditional simulations - if anyone could run through that
      with me also, I'd be very grateful

      Perry Collier

      Senior Mine Geologist
      Ernest Henry Mine
      Xstrata Copper Australia
      * (07) 4769 4527
      * (07) 4769 4555
      * pcollier@...
      " http://www.xstrata.com <http://www.xstrata.com/>

      PO Box 527
      Cloncurry QLD 4824
      Australia

      "I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when
      I'm with them..."

      From Roger & Hammerstein's Sound of Music

      intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
      If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
      copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
      forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
      Xstrata Queensland Support Centre.
      Support Centre e-mail: supportcentre@...
      Support Centre phone: Australia 1800 500 646
      International +61 2 9034 3710