AI-GEOSTATS: Smoking in the US

  • Reising, Alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2000
      Hello all...

      I don't think I'm yet worthy of this list since I am in the very beginnings
      of learning the art of GIS. I'm currently taking an introductory course at
      Johns Hopkins University in my final stages of getting and MS in
      Environmental Management. One of our assignments is to propose a use for GIS
      for a potential environmental science application; the report should include
      the following aspects:

      Application
      Purpose and nature
      Data
      Data collection and conversion
      Database organization
      Software
      Tools needed
      Hardware
      Proposed equipment configuration
      Implementation procedure
      Proposed procedures to develop or procure the application

      I was thinking of mapping statistics pertaining to somking/smokers in the US
      to show the obvious negative health effects it has (cancer, etc.); I must
      maintain an environmental science approach to this assignment though. If
      anyone has any input pertaining to this project it will be welcome. Maybe I
      should go back to the drawing board an think of an alternative application?!

      Sincerely,

      Alex