[ai-geostats] gslib postik and cpdf

  • gianni
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 1:54 PM
      Hi
      I'm italian student from Rome and i would want to give my excuses
      for my poor english in the first place.

      I have a problem with the gslib, i would know how to postprocess the
      cpdf values that the ik3d gives when we use the categorical variables,
      because the postik seems to work only with continuous variables.

      I have 1 categorical variable, with 5 possible outcomes s=1,2,3,4,5.
      I would allocate locations to the category with the largest p under
      the constraint of reproduction of global proportion. That is the
      Soares algorithm, but i I have chosen this one because this is the
      only i found (Goovaerts97) and you could suggest me another one.
      However I need some fortran libraries about that.

      Let me do another question
      This variable is the transmissivity, and i deduced this 5 outcomes
      from very low to very high.
      How about using this information like a continuous variable in ik3d?
      How to fix the first threshold? If i fix the first zk=1 i have in
      every location the I(u;zk)=1.

      Thanks for your time
      Regards
    • Digby Millikan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23 2:07 PM
        gianni,

        what about subtracting 1 from your values, so you have 0,1,2,3,4
        you also have the distribution of your values to consider, normal kriging
        assumes normally distributed data, you might be interested in indicator
        methods, such as indicator kriging, or multiple indicator kriging,

        Regards Digby

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24 7:51 AM
          Hello,

          Implementation of the maximum likelihood allocation (pick up the class
          with the maximum probability of occurrence) is easy to implement,
          starting with any Excel spread sheet.
          Soares algorithms is much less straigthforward to code and I should be
          able to exhume a Fortran program I wrote 12 years ago to do so. Note
          however that because Soares' classification does not account for spatial
          patterns, the less frequent category/class often tends to be allocated to isolated
          pixels or to the borders of the study are where the probability of occurrence
          of other classes is smaller than average.

          Cheers,

          Pierre