How can I measure the difference between 2 models

  • kjhok650
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      I apologize if this question is too elementary for this list;

      The problem is how to quantify and represent the difference between

      standard model and simulated model. I tried to use a tonnage and

      grade mean value difference by cut-off grade in order to compare

      and quantify some risks between models.

      But I think there are some limitations to express the variations
      related to the grade

      distribution, although this analysis is popular and common.

      For instance, please see below figure.

      Standard model(A)

      ************

      * 55 90 *

      * *

      * *

      * 10 45 *

      ************

      Simulated model(B)

      ************

      * 90 45 *

      * *

      * *

      * 55 10 *

      ************

      The mean values of two block models show exact same and look very

      similar. But the grade distribution is pretty different.

      To express the difference and variabilities, some more various ways

      are required. How can I measure the difference between 2 models.

      Would you give me a advice or ways about quantifying the difference

      between two models. And if available, would you introduce me

      reference papers or internet site.

      Thanks

      Best regards,

      Lee Sung Soo