RE: [ai-geostats] matter of pronunciation

  • Marco Alfaro S.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hello Colin:
      See:
       Geostatistical Glossary and Multilingual Dictionary
      Edited by Ricardo A. Olea.
      OXFORD, 1991
      Regards,
      Marco

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2005
        Well, well. I didn't expect to start such a tempest with my question!
        Since I have a last name that many seem to mispronounce (using a long
        "o" as in "glow" instead of the proper short "o" as in "love"), I should
        have asked how D. Krige pronounced his last name.

        I appreciate everyone's information, opinion, and speculation on this.

        Tim Glover
        Senior Environmental Scientist - Geochemistry
        Geoenvironmental Department
        MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Inc.
        Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
        Office 770-421-3310