[ai-geostats] Plan area uncertainity and pages 31-36 in Matheron's 1971 Book

  • bob sandefur
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Hi-

      I was doing some work on the uncertainty in plan areas based on hits or
      misses on a more or less regular grid and was going to use an indicator
      variogram approach and assume that the global estimation variance would be a
      good approximation of the uncertainty.

      I recalled that in Matheron's in 1971 book "The Theory of Regionalized
      Variables in Its Applications" there was a reference to does this problem
      however, my copy is missing pages 31 through 36.

      Questions:
      1.) Does anyone have a copy of this text with pages 31 to 36? If so could
      you scan those six pages and e-mail them to me?
      2.) Does anyone have a more recent reference to the calculation of areal
      uncertainty based on hits and misses?

      Regards

      Robert (Bob) L. Sandefur PE
      Senior Geostatistician / Reserve Analyst
      CAM
      200 Union Suite G-13
      Lakewood, Co
      80228