[ai-geostats] Re: Automatic Kriging

  • Mach Nife
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      In fact, what I really needed to achieve was something
      only "good looking" I guess. A "good looking, not too
      much scientific, smooth" surface! ;-)

      I finally found my own answer:

      10 lin(2000)

      It produces a nice surface, with transitions between
      points fading smoothly.

      This way, it's possible to create, programmatically, a
      "pretty good" result, using the extent of the data for
      the Range. It seems that the Sill value doesn't have a
      very noticeable effect. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just a
      beginner in the subject, and I'm not very deep into it yet.

    • Mach Nife
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5 10:23 AM
        10 lin(2000) is a linear model, used by Gstat
        software, with a sill of 10 and a range of 2000
        meters.

        Regards,
        NoName