[ai-geostats] wavelet analysis

  • Koen Hufkens
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2005
      Hi list,

      I've some questions about wavelet analysis.

      As I may quote:

      "...it identifies the intensity of pattern and the scale(s) at which
      this is expressed. Moreover, wavelets are robust to anisotropy and
      nonstationarity in the data, as well as appreciable levels of noise
      (Dale and Mah, 1998)."

      How does a wavelet analysis compare to a geostatistical one, let's say a
      semivariance analysis. Given the fact that you don't have to deal with
      anisotropy and the set condition of stationarity?

      What's the catch or what didn't I read?

      Best regards,
      Koen