Re: [ai-geostats] On spatially well separated binary data

  • Edzer J. Pebesma
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2005
      Tib wrote:

      >So my question is, is there any method to "pre-process" these data, or
      >is logistic regression a suitable approach for them? Any other
      >approaches? I doubt the autologistic approach (Besag 1974, Augustin
      >1993, Huffer 1997, Hoeting 2000) will help much because there are so
      >many unsampled areas (more than 70% if I discretize them into a
      >regular lattice system).
      >
      >Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!
      >
      >tib

      Tib, if you consider including x and y coordinates in your
      trend model, make sure that you add their interaction
      otherwise the surface you predict is not rotation
      invariant. An alternative is to use a two-dimensionan
      (smoothing) spline in x and y. An alternative closely
      related to the spline is to use kriging for spatial prediction.
      --
      Edzer