[ai-geostats] Summary: isolines with confidence intervals

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2005

      Greetings to everyone.
      A quick summary related to my question on "isolines with confidence intervals"
      I didn’t receive much feedback on this one and did therefore some archeological search in my cupboards and infinite number of bookmarks.

      This what I have found useful:
      + Lindgren, G. & Rychlik, I.(1995). How reliable are contour curves? Confidence sets for level countours. Bernoulli, 1: 301-319.

      Asbtract:
      http://www.cbs.nl/isi/bernoulli/abstracts/Bern03010319abs014.pdf

      + Polfeldt, T. (1999): On the quality of contour maps, Environmetrics 10: 785–790
      Abstract:
      http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/68500602/ABSTRACT

      Online

      + Wameling, A., Saborowski, J. (2003). Construction of local confidence intervals for contour lines. FBMIS, 1: 17-26

      Full paper available at

      http://cms1.gre.ac.uk/conferences/iufro/fbmis/A/3_1_WamelingA_1.pdf

      + Nice presentation from Peter Guttorp

      http://www.stat.washington.edu/peter/brasil/LecVI.pdf

      Other examples of use of confidence intervals of isolines can be found in the book of Kanevski & Maignan(see http://ppur.epfl.ch/livres/2-940222-02-9.html )

      I have somewhere (sigh) other paper for Mikhail Kanevski on this topic but where??
      Thanks a lot to Paul White and Mikhail Kanevski for their replies.
      Best wishes,
      Gregoire
      Paul : I will speak to Clive Sabel, thanks for the hint

      Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)
      JRC - European Commission
      IES - Emissions and Health Unit
      Radioactivity Environmental Monitoring group
      TP 441, Via Fermi 1
      21020 Ispra (VA)
      ITALY

      Tel. +39 (0)332 78 6360
      Fax. +39 (0)332 78 5466
      Email: gregoire.dubois@...
      WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org
      WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

      "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."