[ai-geostats] anisotropic kernel smoothing

  • Guan, Yongtao
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 6:22 AM
      Dear list,

      I am analyzing a spatial point process data problem where the
      intensities over a region need to be estimated nonparametrically. It
      appears to me that a kernel smoothing using an anisotropic kernel is
      appropriate (that is, the weights assigned to each point in the
      smoothing not only depends on the distance of the point to but also its
      direction to a studied location). I wonder if anyone can provide any
      related reference to this problem. In particular, I am interested in
      knowing methods which can be used to find a data-driven choice of at
      least two parameters.

      Yongtao

      Yongtao Guan, Ph.D.
      Assistant Professor