[ai-geostats] thoughts on spatial logistic regression

  • Guangqing Chi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      Hi All,

      Many colleagues have offered suggestions on conducting spatial logistic
      regression analysis. I wish to thank you all for your assistance. While
      existing and proposed approaches have different strengths and limitations,
      I would tend to employ the MCMC within a multilevel context. It can be done
      in R, S+, MLWin, and MATLAB. More suggestions and opinions are attached.
      Please also see the articles recommended by colleagues in the following.

      C.A. Gotway and W.W. Stroup. 1997. "A Generalized Linear Model Approach to
      Spatial Data Analysis and Prediction." Journal of Agricultural, Biological,
      and Environmental Statistics. Vol. 2, 2, pp. 157-78.

      Besag, J., 1974. "Spatial Interaction and the Statistical Analysis of
      Lattice Systems." J. R. Stat. Soc., B 36, 192-236.

      Augustin, N.H., Mugglestone, M.A., Buckland, S.T., 1996. "An autologistic
      model for the spatial distribution of wildlife." J. Appl. Ecol. 33, 339-347.

      Michael D. Ward and Kristian Skrede Gleditsch. "Location, location,
      location: An MCMC approach to modeling the spatial context of war and
      peace." Political Analysis, 10(3):244-260, 2002.

      Guangqing