RE: [ai-geostats] TIN, one thought

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2005
      Hello Donald,

      Thank you for your feedback.
      In the case considered, that is of nuclear monitoring networks, a number
      of European countries have networks with stations separated by 15-20 km.
      This is very dense (in the perspective of people working in civil
      protection and for detecting potential atmospheric releases). The fact
      that these stations can report measurements every 10 minutes explains
      the need for good visualisation tools to easily and quickly better
      highlight anomalies (for early warning). TIN does the job very well,
      hence my question about the need for more advanced algorithms.

      Best wishes,

      Gregoire