[ai-geostats] spatial similarity / dissimilarity

  • Mahdi Osman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005
      Dear list,

      I have got two datasets on the same variable, say soil nitrogen in the same
      field. The first dataset was obtained from laboratory analysis and the
      second dataset was obtained from machine simulation. I generated spatial
      maps for the two datasets. They are pretty similar. I also played arround
      with corss-validation results to check statistically whether or not the two
      maps are correlated. However, I would like to quantifiy if there is a
      similarity/dissimilarity between the two maps. Does anyone have literature,
      tips ect on quantifying similarity / dissimilarity between two maps prduced
      using kring prediction?

      Thanks for your time and help.

      Cheers

      Mahdi

      --
      +++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
      AKTION f�r Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben