[ai-geostats] Normalize data ?

  • bob baroud
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2005
      Hello,

      A question about normlization of the data.
      We use variogram calculation to characterize and then
      compare spatial structure in 100 satellite images
      (chlorophyll image). The value of these images are
      variable, particularly the range of each image
      (oligotrophic from bloom situation...).
      So we think about normalization of the images before
      the variogram calculation. I would appreciate any
      reference and suggestion about this subjetc.

      Thanks

      Laurent

      Laurent Dubroca
      Laboratoire d'Océanographie Dynamique et de
      Climatologie
      Unité Mixte de Recherche 7617 CNRS / IRD / Université
      Pierre et Marie Curie
      Institut Pierre Simon Laplace
      Tour 45-55 - 4ème étage
      4, place Jussieu