Re: [ai-geostats] masking lat-long coordinates

  • Roger Bivand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2005
      On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, David Stinchcomb wrote:

      > Mark:
      >
      > This is a common concern with health data. The reference below has a
      > good discussion of the issues and survey of possible methods. Much
      > depends on what operations you wish to perform on the masked data.

      There was an interesting paper at the AAG last year by Michael Leitner:

      Leitner M. and A. Curtis (2004) Cartographic Guidelines for Geographically
      Masking the Location of Confidential Point Data. Cartographic
      Perspectives, No. 49, Fall 2004 (in press).

      Roger Bivand

      --
      Roger Bivand
      e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...