[ai-geostats] Spatio-temporal semivariograms (2)

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      Message
      Dear list ,

      I already received a number of references and papers concerning studies involving 2 dimensional data with time being the third dimension.

      What I'm looking for really are studies with 1 dimensional datasets (e.g. transects) with time being the second coordinate. My Z values are frequencies.
      In essence there may be not much difference with traditional 2 D geostatics but I still believe that there are number of subtilities I am not fully aware off.
      As I mentioned in my last mail, I see a conceptual problem in using the future to calculate the past (i.e. problem with omnidirectional semivariograms using all pairs of points).

      Any (additional) suggested readings?

      Thanks already to Mahdi Osman, Donald Myersa and Adrian Chappell

      Best regards,

      Gregoire

      Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)
      JRC - European Commission
      IES - Emissions and Health Unit
      Radioactivity Environmental Monitoring group
      TP 441, Via Fermi 1
      21020 Ispra (VA)
      ITALY

      Tel. +39 (0)332 78 6360
      Fax. +39 (0)332 78 5466
      Email: gregoire.dubois@...
      WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org
      WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

      "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."