[ai-geostats] AI-GEOSTATS 2004

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2004
      AI-GEOSTATS 2004

      Dear all,

      The first round of the Spatial Interpolation Comparison 2004, dedicated to automatic mapping systems for emergencies, has finished and the participants who have seen their contributions accepted will now have to revise their contributions before publication in a European Report. This report, like SIC97, will be made available in a hardcopy format as well as online on the AI-GEOSTATS web site by the end of 2005.

      SIC2004 was particularly exciting and I am already thinking about SIC2006. Obviously, such exercises would be impossible to organise without AI-GEOSTATS and I would like to thank you all for all your questions and contributions throughout the years. Your links and support to AI-GEOSTATS are constantly contributing to the quality of the mailing list and of its associated web site. Thanks again very much for that!

      One reminder after all the latest discussions: please always keep in mind to post summaries. It is time consuming but it is also a real service you provide to the community.

      We are approaching now quickly the end of the year.I hope you all now have better things to do than fighting with a covariance matrix :)

      I wish you all and your dearests a merry Christmas and a happy, peaceful and healthy new year.

      Best wishes,

      Gregoire (moderator of ai-geostats)

      Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)
      JRC - European Commission
      IES - Emissions and Health Unit
      Radioactivity Environmental Monitoring group
      TP 441, Via Fermi 1
      21020 Ispra (VA)
      ITALY

      Tel. +39 (0)332 78 6360
      Fax. +39 (0)332 78 5466
      Email: gregoire.dubois@...
      WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org
      WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

      "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."