Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Variowin equations and cross-validation

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2001
      Juliann

      Judging the fit of a model cannot be done from the
      summary statisics. See my 1986 paper "The Art of Cross
      Validation" (full reference at
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/Publications.html)

      Better to use something like Noel Cressie's goodness
      of fit statistic which tests the semi-variogram fit to
      the experimental with a weighted least squares.

      Isobel Clark

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2001
        AAgh, sprry people, Mark Burnett just pointed out that
        I missed a bit in the Web reference:

        http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/Publications.html

        Mea culpa
        Isobel Clark