[ai-geostats] descriptive statistics or inference?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      > And just a personal opinion, I would like to think
      > geostatistic
      > theories apply to population of any size, as small
      > as 27, or as large as
      > 1,000,000. If I'm making an example that
      > geostatistics doesn't apply, then
      > there's something to concern about in this approach.
      Geostatistics applies to any size of sample set but
      for the theory to work ou have to have a relatively
      enormous population to draw rom.

      Put in plain terms, the assumption is that the
      withdrawal of the samples does not materially affect
      the behaviour of the population.

      If you have the whole population, you don't need to do
      tests or estimates.

      Isobel
      http:geoecosse.bizland.com/books.htm