Re: AI-GEOSTATS: A question about Geostatistical software

  • Colin Daly
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
      Pablo,

      STORM and Irap RMS reservoir modelling packages from ROXAR, see www.roxar.com

      Historically they were separate packages, coming from two separate companies, but they have merged over the last few years to become a single product (still called Irap RMS)

      In brief, RMS was the more general reservoir modelling tool allowing mapping, stratigraphic modelling, structural modelling, volumetrics, deterministic modelling, stochastic modelling, upscaling, gridding etc etc. STORM was the more sophisticated geostats tool allowing sophisticated Boolean modelling for various geological environments ( general marked point process models using Metropolis-Hastings algorithms to overcome the nasty problems with multiwell conditioning and biasing that tend to cause problems for simple Boolean modelling algorithms) as well as the more common truncated gaussian and indicator models. STORM also allowed for uncertainty modelling and geological scenario management - these are reflected in the current versions of RMS.

      Have a look at the site above, and if you want more information, we can talk offline if you wish

      Regards

      Colin Daly