AI-GEOSTATS: A question about Geostatistical software

  • Pablo Vazquez
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 6:28 AM
      To anybody ...

      Someone toId me that he uses a Geostatistical software called STORM or MIRAP. I was looking for them in the Ai-Geostat software list, but I couldn't find any. I would want to know if those programs really exist, and if it's so what would be their capabilities.

      Thanks.

      Pablo Alejandro Vázquez
      MG&A Oil & Gas
      Esmeralda 351 Piso 10mo
      Capital Federal, Argentina
      e-mail: mgingenieria@...

    • Colin Daly
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6 7:41 AM
        Pablo,

        STORM and Irap RMS reservoir modelling packages from ROXAR, see www.roxar.com

        Historically they were separate packages, coming from two separate companies, but they have merged over the last few years to become a single product (still called Irap RMS)

        In brief, RMS was the more general reservoir modelling tool allowing mapping, stratigraphic modelling, structural modelling, volumetrics, deterministic modelling, stochastic modelling, upscaling, gridding etc etc. STORM was the more sophisticated geostats tool allowing sophisticated Boolean modelling for various geological environments ( general marked point process models using Metropolis-Hastings algorithms to overcome the nasty problems with multiwell conditioning and biasing that tend to cause problems for simple Boolean modelling algorithms) as well as the more common truncated gaussian and indicator models. STORM also allowed for uncertainty modelling and geological scenario management - these are reflected in the current versions of RMS.

        Have a look at the site above, and if you want more information, we can talk offline if you wish

        Regards

        Colin Daly